“From the gut comes the strut!”
Feelings of overall health and wellness are heavily reliant on how well our digestive system functions. The quality and vibrancy of the foods we choose to eat and the make-up of our unique ecosystem of gut bacteria (microbiome), have a profound impact on our health.
Microbiome imbalance, compromised digestive function and poor nutrient absorption contribute to:
- Fatigue, poor sleep, low energy and vitality
- Heightened stress, anxiety, depression and mood disturbance
- Brain fog, poor concentration and memory
- Weight gain or loss, plateaus and rebounds
- Skin conditions – acne, dermatitis and psoriasis
- Poor immune health, autoimmune responses, food intolerances, hayfever, asthma, sinusitis
- Diarrhea, constipation, gas, heartburn, cramps, nausea, bloating
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis
- Hormone imbalances, fertility problems, reproductive conditions
- Muscle weakness, aches and pains, headaches, bone density loss
Why is this good news? Look at how many of these signs, symptoms and health states can be improved by optimising the health of your digestive system and microbiome! Within days of eating appropriate nutrient dense foods our microbiome begins to change. Within weeks, nutrient levels in the body begin to restore.
The Enteric Nervous system creates the calm that our body needs to be able to digest our food, absorb nutrients and sustain a healthy microbiome. In return, our microbiome influences hundreds of processes in the body and affects the mind. Yogic practices in meditation, pranayama (breathing techniques), asana (poses) and yogic psychology are effective in balancing the nervous system and restoring digestive health.
Ready to rejuvenate and return to health?