“We can lighten the load and brighten the road!”
Stress and mood fluctuations are a natural response to the daily challenges in life. However, prolonged exposure to intense emotions, situations, thoughts and even physical activity can lead to states of distress that contribute to many health problems. Stress/distress can worsen autoimmune diseases, arthritis, cardiovascular disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, immune disorders, digestive disturbances, bowel diseases, insulin resistance, menstrual irregularities, thyroid disorders, anxiety, depression and ageing amongst others.
To help you feel lighter and brighter, I aim to:
- Support, encourage and guide you toward balance and ease
- Deliver high quality nutrition to the body’s cells, nervous system, brain and HPA (hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal) axis
- Support healthy production and release of neurotransmitters and hormones
- Enhance the gut microbiome for a healthy gut-brain axis
- Reduce inflammation
- Enhance resilience – your ability to effortlessly move back and forth between stress and ease
- Identify and manage any environmental and nutrition related genetic influences
The suite of tools we’ll choose from when tailoring a program include:
- Nutrient dense foods that provide the vitamins and minerals needed for a healthy body and stress response
- Nutritional protocols for microbiome and gut health
- Nutritional supplements – if required
- Functional pathology testing, microbiome analysis and nutritional genetic testing – if needed
- Lifestyle practices that increase daily exercise, restful sleep and reduce stress
The therapeutic yoga practices of meditation, breathing (pranayama) and poses (asana), along with wisdom gained through yoga psychology are ways in which we can establish a strong and stable foundation from which to experience the world around us. Tailored practices are available to support your return to health.
Stress and mood disturbances require a truly holistic approach and the importance of working collaboratively with your GP and specialists cannot be under-stated.
Ready for lightness?